Council Tool C80P36 8Lb Pickhead Fire Axe, 36" Fiberglass Handle
Council Tool C80P36 8Lb Pickhead Fire Axe, 36'' Fiberglass Handle by Council Tool at I'm Doing My Part. MPN: C80P36. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. 8.0# Pickhead fireman's axe with a 36″ fiberglass handle. Traditional pickhead style. Cutting bit on one end and a pick designed to penetrate on
Features & Highlights
- Forged tool steel head. Made in USA.
- Body fully polished, hand sharpened, tapered cutting edge and pick.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge. The poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in the as forged condition.
- Body coated with fire engine red enamel and the cutting edges in clear lacquer to deter rust.
- 36″ yellow clad style fiberglass handle. Traditional single bit shape. Construction is a pultruded structural fiberglass core with an injection molded jacket acting as an exterior body. The jacket is tough, durable engineered polymer. Extremely strong, non-conductive and non-corrosive.