Blood Meal Organic 50lb Bag
Blood Meal Organic 50lb Bag by Unknown at I'm Doing My Part. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. ◆ BLOOD MEAL IS USEFUL FOR Sprinkle over compost heap if high carbon content brown matter e.g. paper, chipped twigs, straw... etc, is in excess of
Features & Highlights
- ◆ Blood Meal has been used for years by organic gardeners as a natural, slow release source of nitrogen, plus trace minerals. Broadcast 10-30 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft. before planting, or side dress later in the season.
- ◆ Analysis - nitrogen 13.25, phosphorus 1.00, potassium 0.60. ◆ Source - slaughterhouses make dried blood as a by-product of animal processing. This is 100% Hog Blood ◆ Application And Rate - no more than 4oz per square yard during growth. Apply during the growing season.
- ◆ CAUTION Don't apply to seedlings. A fast acting organic feed and care should be taken not to apply too much. Rapid decomposition when conditions are warm and moist could be damaging. Don't apply to peas and beans and other legumes. They have root nodules with bacteria that fix atmospheric nitrogen.
- ◆ This Blood Meal is Animal Grade Blood Meal, so it can be fed to animals also. Blood meal is 85% protein and a great source of by-pass protein.
- ◆ Action On Plants - the analysis shows that nitrogen is the major constituent of blood meal as it is a constituent of blood protein. These blood proteins are rapidly broken down to ammonia by soil bacteria. In warm moist conditions that favor bacterial growth, blood meal decomposition can be too rapid. Ammonia may be released in large enough quantity to damage delicate roots. Plant roots absorb ammonia to take up nitrogen for building plant protein. Therefore blood meal is useful for plants